I would like to present through a series of posts the types of wordpress websites that can be created in order to help a business improve its popularity or increase its income.
Initially, I have compiled a list with possible solutions that can be implemented according to your requirements
Below are listed 6 categories of websites that can be analysed further in future posts.
- Article Directories — If you haven’t seen already sites like ehow.com, squidoo.com, ezinearticles.com to get a taste, I can explain to you in plain words that with these websites you can let your users register and submit their content – for some fee or for free – in your site. Then you can have a directory with many diffrent article categories.
- Web Directories — You might want to have a directory of directories like this.
- Classifieds — These sites can be used to list jobs, sales and more. Take a look for example at Robby, Ricardo, Craigslist, or Ebay classifieds.
- Job Boards — You might want to have a job board service in your website. The service can be used if you want to hire (internally) or exist as a separate service from your existing business (externally).
2. Online Business websites
- e-Commerce — If you want to expand your already existing business online or create a new online business, you are going to need an eCommerce site.
- Real Estate — Ideally any real-estate business should have a user-friendly website.
- Sales Pages — This type of website can be a source of income. You can sell e-books, software, or some other product. This can be a one-page website.
- Membership sites — You can offer subscription-based premium content by having users register on your site for access — free or fee-based.
3. Interactive websites
- Forums —Forums are appropriate when you want to give a support service in your blog or site, also this way you can add more of a community feel to your blog or site.
- Q&A Websites —You might want to have a website like Yahoo! Answers.
- Review Sites — You can create a simple review site (for example for music, movies, gadgets etc.) where your users will post ratings on specific items.
- Social Networks — You can even create your own social network.
4. Special content websites
- Photo Galleries — This is ideal for artists: painters, photographers, illustrators, etc.
- Video Sites — You can have a website of videos. This can be a portfolio of your own video projects or a video sharing site similar to YouTube or vimeo.
- Feed Aggregators — Aggregator refers to a web site or computer software that aggregates a specific type of information from multiple online sources for example: News aggregator, Poll aggregator, Review aggregator, Search aggregator, Social network aggregation, Video aggregator.
- Wikis — You can create a site that will be similar to Wikipedia.
- Podcast Sites — So what is a podcast? A podcast is a series of digital media files (either audio or video) that are released episodically and often downloaded through web syndication. The word replaced webcast in common use with the success of the iPod and its role in the rising popularity and innovation of web feeds.
5. Online Presence websites
- Blogs — There are many blogging platforms such as WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr and more, that can help you run a professional-looking blog.
- Portfolios — Portfolio sites are becoming more and more popular, for professionals and freelancers as it can help you get more work.
- Classic Static sites – These are the classic presentation sites we all know, for any type of business.
6. Media websites
- Online Magazines — Nowadays, there is nothing more pleasant to read than online magazines. You might want to create a particular layout for your magazine amongst a huge number of possible designs and functions.
- News Sites — Set up your own local newspaper or industry newspaper website.
Of course you can have all the above categories of websites working as mobile sites too. You can create a mobile version for your site or create a mobile-friendly site so that it can be accessible by all mobile devices.
To conclude, from all the above categories of websites listed, you can explore the various options that exist and choose the most appropriate for your individual or business needs.